Church Planting Residency Program
Join us to prepare for the experience of your life… Church Planting. By participating in a Passion for Planting Church Planting Residency (10 month program) you’ll gain the practical experience you need to succeed by “learning the R.O.P.E.S.”
- Research: Research potential church plant locations and their communities. Learn the how-to’s of church planting.
- Observe: Observe and participate in ministry at healthy church plants. Serve significantly at New Life Christian Church (a church planting church) and spend quality time at three other regional church plants. Learn what it means to reach people far from God.
- Present: Present and discuss your God-given vision and strategies with your peers and mentors.
- Evaluate: Evaluate presentation feedback as well as peer presentations to prepare for healthier church starts.
- Support: Support your peers and be supported as you embark on your planting journey.
Discovering & Equipping Next Generation Leaders
Embedded Residency: This option requires the resident to work/learn with Passion for Planting in Northern Virginia at New Life Christian Church. The resident will learn the “nuts and bolts” of church planting while participating in a Cohort with other residents. The embedded residency also provides practical experience within the ministry departments of New Life Christian Church and with recent church plants in the region. To apply for our Church Planting Embedded Residency, see the application process at the bottom of this page.
Distance Residency: This option allows the resident to remain in the location of their choosing while participating in a weekly Church Planter Residency Cohort (virtually). Distance residents will learn the “nuts and bolts” of church planting while developing the strategies/plans required to plant a healthy church. Distance residents will be required to attend two (week-long) onsite requirements during the 11 month residency period at New Life Christian Church (a church-planting church) in Northern Virginia.
Our focus on practical experience prepares you to transition to the Church Planter/Senior Minister role with an emphasis on proven community outreach and service methods. Other experience includes:
- Practical ministry assignments at New Life Christian Church and other regional church plants
- Tailored theological training
- Developing the plans you’ll need to plant (ex. Launch Plan, Marketing Plan, Fundraising Plan, etc.)
- Leadership training including strategic planning, critical thinking, and more
- Teaching team experience
- Participation in regional church planter coaching gatherings
Compensation & Costs
While a monthly stipend is provided to qualified embedded residents, residents are also expected to raise funds during their residency. A portion of these funds may be set aside for the future church plant.
Program Costs: Once approved for entry into the Church Planter Residency, a program fee of $2,000 will be required two weeks prior to the commencement of the Fall Cohort. If the resident successfully completes the 10 month program, a $500 donation will be made by Passion for Planting to the resident’s new church plant.
Church Planting Residency Application
NOTE: Applications for the Fall 2016 Cohort are now being accepted.
To Apply for Church Planting Residency Program:
- Visit http://www.planterapp.com/
- Click: Register New Account
- Create Account
- Request Affiliation with: “Passion for Planting: Church Planter Residency”
- Proceed through the online Application Phases
Questions? Please email email@example.com for questions about our church planting residency programs.